No matter how busy your schedule, it's important to make time for physical activity every day. Here are some smart, time-efficient ways that you can squeeze more exercise into your daily routine — sometimes without even realizing it!
- Start with five minutes. Everyone has five minutes to spare, even on the busiest workdays. Take five to walk around the block, do a few jumping jacks, or even drop down and do a short yoga sequence.
- Make the most of your favorite shows. If you have a television show that you wait for each week, multitask by working out as you watch. Do some pushups and crunches during commercial breaks, or head to the gym and watch right from the treadmill.
- Change up your commute. Instead of driving or taking the subway, try walking or biking to work.
- Work out with a coworker. If you and a coworker plan on working out together on your lunch breaks — or even taking a weekly meeting out for a walk — you can squeeze in exercise even as you work.
- Bring the whole family. If your kids are standing between you and your fitness routine, make them a part of it! Go for a jog with the stroller, bring the little ones on a bike ride, or become members at a family-friendly gym.