Whether you just moved into your new apartment, or you've been renting the same place for years, it's important that your rental home feels like, well, home! There are a number of temporary ways to reflect your personality in your decor — without sacrificing your security deposit. Here are five essential decorating tips that every renter should know.
- Change the hardware. Give your apartment an instant upgrade by replacing hardware. Switch knobs on cabinet doors with something gold and glamorous — just make sure that you can switch them back before moving day.
- Use rugs. Rugs are every renter’s friend. Choose something bright and colorful or stark and minimalist to create a designer-quality look.
- Add temporary wallpaper. Temporary wallpaper is a great alternative to wall paint. Create an accent wall in the bedroom or go wild and wallpaper an entire room.
- Hang art. One of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to make your space your own is by creating a gallery wall or adding a large framed print on a bare wall.
- Add window treatments. Cover your windows in chic, sumptuous curtains to add personality to a space and make a room feel put-together.
Dos and Don'ts of Decorating a Rental [HGTV]
5 Easy, High-Impact Rental Decorating Ideas (That Can Move With You) [Apartment Therapy]
How to Decorate a Rental [Style Me Pretty]