There are a number of different household uses for dryer sheets other than reducing static cling and making your laundry smell fresh. If you want to learn how to use dryer sheets around the house, check out these creative ideas.
- Freshen a pair of stinky gym shoes. When your sneakers or daily loafers smell less than fresh, stuff a dryer sheet inside to absorb the odor and leave only a fresh scent behind.
- Remove pet hair from furniture. No matter how often you scold him, you just can’t seem to get Fido to stay off of the furniture. If your couches are covered in dog hair, rub a dryer sheet along the surface and it will lift right off.
- Clean dried food from a pan. When last night’s casserole is stuck to the pan this morning, lay a dryer sheet in the bottom and fill the pan with water. In a few hours, the food will be much looser and easier to clean off.
- Keep books fresh in storage. If you’re a bibliophile with too many books for your shelves, keep them smelling fresh even while in storage. Tuck a dryer sheet between the pages of a few books and you’ll feel much more confident about storing them in the dusty attic.
- Clean your blinds. Rub a dryer sheet along the top and bottom of venetian blinds to remove dust with ease.
12 Surprising Uses for Dryer Sheets [All You]
25 Alternative Uses for Fabric-Softener Dryer Sheets [Curbly]
20 Household Uses for Used (Yes, Used) Dryer Sheets [Apartment Therapy]
10 New Uses for Dryer Sheets [Real Simple]